Housing TalksDate: 16/03/2022
We are offering two lunchtime talks on housing law.
1) Fulfilling your obligations as a social housing landlord
Tuesday 29th March 1pm-2pm on Zoom
The first talk is aimed at staff and managers in Approved Housing Bodies, prevention officers, and other professionals in supporting or advocacy capacities. This talk will be a refresher on a landlord’s responsibilities to their tenants and will cover some of the main issue that cause tenants to come to the law centre for assistance, with time for Q&A.
- Understanding a landlord’s responsibilities in legislation
- Overview of the minimum standards
- Dispute prevention and resolution
2) Tenants: Know your Rights
Tuesday 5th April 1pm-2pm on Zoom
The second talk is aimed at tenants in Ballymun and will cover tenants’ rights, with time for Q&A. The information session will address commonly asked questions like:
- What if I fall into arrears?
- What if my income changes?
- I’m on HAP and the landlord wants to put my rent up, what can I do?
- How do I make a complaint?
- What house repairs am I entitled to?
Register here for either or both talks: https://www.bclc.ie/online-talk-registration/
You will receive the link to the Zoom session by email in advance of the course.